The actions that you take immediately following a car accident have the possibility to impact not only your health and livelihood, but also your legal personal injury case. If you’re involved in a car or truck incident in Atlanta Georgia, your immediate priority should be to attend to any injuries of either yourself or any other people involved. It is imperative, above any legal related matters, that any required medical attention is sought as soon as possible. Once health and injuries have been attended to, here are the most important steps that you can take to ensure a good outcome for your legal case.
1. Dial 911. First, ask for medical assistance if you’re injured. A police officer will also attend and create a police report, which you will need for your claim later
2. Remain calm. Although emotions may be running high, it’s important that you keep a level head in order to move through the next steps as efficiently as possible.
3. Communicate. Remember that the police report will go a long way in helping your case, so it’s important to treat the officer with respect. If you’re concerned about the other driver being impaired, you can ask the officer to test them.
4. Talk to witnesses. Take down their names and contact details, even if the police officer does not ask them for a statement as you might need to contact them after the wreck.
5. Photograph the scene. Take photographs of both your vehicle and the other driver’s vehicle from multiple angles. It is also vital that you take wide-panning photos of the entire accident scene so as to document the driving conditions and obstacles or other factors that may have been involved.
6. Insurance. If possible, take photos of the front and back of the other driver’s insurance card. Do not contact any insurance companies prior to contacting a lawyer.
7. Contact a lawyer. Call a trusted, local Atlanta law firm who specialize in personal injury cases.
John Adkins and the team at Adkins Law Firm are leaders in the field of Atlanta personal injury law firm. If you’ve been injured in a car wreck or truck accident, we’ll take the time to help you navigate through the legalities of it all. We understand the effort that needs to go into personal injury cases after a car wreck and we’ll work hard to track down all necessary evidence and witnesses so that we’re able to properly advocate for your rights.
We’re aware that personal injury cases do not have a “one size fits all” answer and promise to take the time to develop a tailored approach for your matter. Our attorneys not only have the appropriate expertise to deal with your matter as swiftly as possible, but we also take pride in our professionalism, ensuring every client feels heard and understood. Contact John Adkins and the team on 404HURTLAW (404-487-8529), or send us a message at 404hurtlaw.com/contact-us/