Motorcycle Accident – Overview
A motorcycle accident occurs when a motorcycle collides with a car or another motorcycle. When this happens, the rider is usually thrown from the bike and suffers severe injuries. If the motorcycle rider is wearing a helmet, they are likely to survive the accident. A motorcycle accident lawyer Atlanta is a type of personal injury accident that is often fatal and can occur on roads, bike paths, and parking lots. A motorcycle rider wearing a helmet has a good chance of surviving a crash if they are wearing it at the time of the crash. If the rider is not wearing a helmet, they have a very high chance of being killed.
Motorcycle accident statistics are staggering.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, an average of 1,236 people dies in motorcycle accidents each year in the United States. That’s a death toll of more than 10 people per day!
While the majority of these deaths are caused by bike accidents, there are many other factors that lead to this number: distracted drivers, drunk drivers, weather conditions, and more.
And although motorcyclists make up only 4% of all vehicle drivers in the US (that’s less than one person out of every 100), they account for 20% of all traffic fatalities.
Motorcycle accidents can be very serious injuries or even fatal injuries if you’re not careful. If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident Attorney near Atlanta GA or elsewhere around Georgia or elsewhere around the country, it’s important that you talk to an experienced attorney who will fight for your rights and ensure that justice is served.
What are the primary causes of motorcycle crashes?
There are many causes of motorcycle crashes. The primary causes of motorcycle crashes include:
Over speed and reckless driving: A motorcyclist can be killed in a crash if he or she is going too fast or driving recklessly. Motorcyclists should always drive at or below the posted speed limit.
Lack of visibility: Motorcyclists should not ride between parked cars and active traffic, as this can seriously impair their ability to see other drivers, pedestrians and other cyclists. Motorcyclists are also at risk when they are riding in inclement weather conditions such as rain or snow.
Riding between parked cars and active traffic: Motorcycle riders should also avoid riding between parked cars and active traffic because this can cause them to lose control of their vehicle.
Defective motorcycles: Some motorcycles may be defective, which means that they do not perform properly and could result in serious injuries if they crash into another vehicle or person.
Motorcycle Accident Injuries
If you’re involved in a motorcycle accident, you may be facing some serious injuries. That’s why it’s important to have an experienced motorcycle accident attorney on your side.
At The Law firm of 404-Hurt Law, we have over 20 years of experience helping motorcycle accident victims get the compensation they deserve. We know how to deal with the insurance companies and get you the maximum possible settlement.
You should not try to deal with insurance companies on your own. Allow us to assist you in obtaining the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a no-obligation consultation.
Security Measures to Prevent Fatalities in Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents are a fact of life, but the risk can be minimized by following the right preventive measures.
Here are some tips to help you stay safe:
1. Wear your helmet properly: Helmets are mandatory for motorcyclists in most states and provinces. They must be properly fitted, fastened and worn according to manufacturer’s instructions. A helmet that fits properly will minimize the impact of a crash.
2. Wear eye protection: Motorcyclists should always wear eye protection to protect their eyes from flying debris caused by an accident or collision. If you don’t have eye protection, use your jacket or shirt as a makeshift shield between your eyes and the road.
3. Wear leather gloves: Motorcyclists should wear leather gloves at all times when riding as they provide better grip on the handlebars as well as protect them from getting scraped on other parts of their body while riding
4. Use your mirrors: this will help you see more around you and avoid obstacles such as cars, pedestrians and animals.
5. Be aware of traffic conditions: if driving in heavy traffic or on a busy road, it is important that you slow down before entering an intersection or turning off your vehicle.
6. Give way to other vehicles: if someone has stopped at an intersection, do not pass them when it is safe for you to stop. Also, make sure there is enough space between your vehicle and another vehicle when turning right or left at a junction
Motorcycle Accident Attorney Compensation
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, it’s important to know that the stakes are high. The consequences of a motorcycle vehicle accident can be severe, and it’s crucial to protect yourself from the harsh financial penalties that could result from such an incident.
The first step in doing so is seeking legal counsel immediately after being involved in a motorcycle accident. This will allow you to get your side of the story out there before any other insurance companies are called into the picture.
If you’ve been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident, it’s critical that you make sure that your recovery process is handled properly. This means having an attorney on your side that has experience handling cases like yours — one who knows how to move quickly and efficiently through the legal system and ensure that your rights are protected throughout every step of the way.
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, call (404-487-8529) 404-HURT LAW to speak with an experienced motorcycle accident attorney in Atlanta, GA. We will assist you in obtaining the compensation you require for your injuries.